You will need :
1. 135 grams (120 ml)of gamma butyrolactone
2. 63 grams of Sodium Hydroxide or91 grams of Potassium Hydroxide
3. Papers to test PH
1. Place the content of the gamma butyrolactone bottle in a stainless steel or pyrex glass saucepan. Do not use aluminum cookware to make GHB.
2. Place the content of the NaOH or KOH bottle in the same saucepan.
3. Put SLOWLY around a half cup of warm distilled water in it. Put a cover (fast! the reaction may be immediate) on it but not tight.
4. Wait a little it will start reacting on itself. If it doesn’t (after 2-3 minutes), heat it a LITTLE (once it reacts remove it from the stove).
4. 5 If there is some NaOH not dissolved, stir it up till it is.
5. (This step is optional, some like it like that and others prefer to heat the solution a little.) After it’s finished. Start heating it slowly. You will see it starting boiling. Don’t overheat! It can burn. Do it for one hour. Don’t forget to add water if you make it boil for a long time.
5.5. Between step 4 and 6 you might see a white compound on the side of the saucepan (it doesn’t happen everytime). Don’t throw it away, it’s GHB. When you will add water it will dissolve.
6. When you are finished, put it in a measuring cup (Pyrex) and fill it with water (when I’m in a hurry to taste it I use ice) to 1000ml (a little more than 4 cups). That way you’ll have around 1 grams per teaspoon.
7. Measure the PH. If it’s higher than 7 add vinegar to lower it to 7. It can take 50 – 75 ml of vinegar.
8. To store it I use a mason glass jar with a plastic cover.
How to make GBL to GHB powder?
ok here is the deal no chemistry is needed. here is the synthesis.
Use the synth below. You will get powder GHB. This way you can calculate your dosage fairly easily. Start at 1 g and up the dose to 2, followed by 3, then 4. You won’t need any more than this. Stop and wait at 2 and see how good that hits you, then go to 3, wait etc. You can find your own “good” dose this way.
The synth: If you follow this synthesis exactly as I have described, you willalways make pure NaGHB that is every bit as pure as the pharmaceuticalstuff that can be bought in sane countries.
You will need: Clean dry beakers and graduated cylinders, a set of chemical scales,narrow range pH strips for 5.5-8.0, a hot plate, and (if you intendto make powder) two sealed tupperware containers, a blender and a pyrexbaking dish.
1) Accurately measure out gamma-butyrolactone (GBL) in the volume of milliliters (mls) you want to react. Example: You want to react 200 mls of GBL. 2) Multiply this number by the average density of GBL (1.124 gms/ml). Example: (200 mls GBL) * (1.124 gms/ml) = 224.8 gms GBL
3) Divide this number by the average molecular weight of GBL (86.06gms/mol). Example: (224.8 gms GBL) / (86.06 gms/mol) = 2.612 mols of GBL
4) Multiply this number by the average molecular weight of NaOH (40.0gms/mol) Example: (2.612 mols) * (40.0) = 104.5 gms NaOH
5) Weigh out this much NaOH using a set of chemical scales.
6) Heat the GBL + 5% distilled water (by volume) to 100 degrees C Example: 200 mls GBL + 20 mls distilled water heated to 100C 7) Completely dissolve the NaOH in distilled water at the rate of about40 grams per 100 mls of water. Example: (104.5 gms NaOH) / (40) = 2.6125 * 100 mlw H2O = 260 mls water
*SLOWLY* drip (DO NOT POUR) 90% of the NaOH into the heated GBLand make sure that the reaction is occurring (the solution will beginboiling vigorously). If the reaction is not occuring, then you eitherhave not heated the GBL to 100C or you have defective reactants (throwthem out and get fresh stuff). Once the solution begins boiling, youcan turn the heat off – the reaction will make its own heat.
9) Begin measuring the pH of the reaction solution with narrow range pHpaper (5.0 – 8.0 paper). When the range begins to get to 7.5 to 8.0,stop dripping the NaOH solution. This mixture will still have unreactedlactone in it – so now it is time to do some steam distillation. Steam Distillation (The purification step)
10) Put a thermometer in the solution capable of measuring 200C andcrank the heat up on the solution. You may want to add a boiling stonemade from a clean piece of pea gravel to the solution (don’t use aboiling stick because you will burn it up, and don’t use a chemicalboiling stone because they contain metals that are not supposed to gointo humans).
11) When the solution gets up to 150-155C, cut the heat back enough tohold the temperature steady at 150-155C. Hold it at that temperatureuntil all bubbling stops. The beaker now contains melted NaGHB.
12a) To make a liquid, add enough boiling water to make the dilutionyou want. Example: You want 1 gram NaGHB per 5 ml of solution. 200 mls of GBLwill make 329 grams NaGHB. 329 * 5 ml = 1645 mls of solution. Soadd enough boiling water to bring the entire solution up to 1650 mls.
12b) To make powder, pour out thin strips of the NaGHB melt into thepyrex casserole dish. Return the melt to the low heat to keep itmelted. Let the strips cool – they will begin to curl up if the stripsare about 1/2″ to 1″ in width. Scrape them up with a metal spatula andput them into a sealed tupperware container. Pour out more strips andrepeat the procedure until you have used up all of the melt.
13) Let the strips in the tupperware container cool down and shake themaround a bit (while holding the lid tighly on). This will break up thestrips.
14) Put the broken up NaGHB pieces into a blender (no more than 1/3 full)at high speed. You may have to shake the blender around a bit to makesure everything is ground into powder. Pour the powder into a sealedtupperware container.
15) You are done. Enjoy, and please don’t do G and drive. btw this was availible through erowids if you did some searching.